What exactly is coaching?
OK, how can I explain this?
The first thing to say is that coaching always positive and forward focused. You are not broken and you don’t need me to fix you. You are the best expert on yourself and you are the person who will come up with the strategies that will work best for you, my role as a coach is to create a powerful thinking space for you to do that.
Coaching will enable you to achieve your potential by figuring out the obstacles that are holding you back and using your strengths to create strategies to overcome them. It can be used in any area of your life to improve things you want to work on. In coaching, you will be listened to with full attention and between us, we will create a positive space for you to:
- look at the bigger picture in the part of your life where you most want to make progress
- step back to check whether the actions you are taking are actually moving you forwards and realign them to work more powerfully for you.
- Check-in and be held accountable as you move towards your goals
There may be past issues that we need to address because they are impacting on your ability to thrive now, however, we certainly won’t be digging around for reasons why you behave in certain ways. If we find a reason, great – we can change the pattern. But it’s not necessary to always be looking for a root cause. We focus on what we have control over and the choices that we make.
I am an integrative coach, which means I will choose with you from a range of tools and techniques to tailor a way of working to your specific needs and preferences.
My particular coaching specialities are:
- Working with Neurodiversity. Using your neurodiverse skills for success and stopping your challenges holding you back. (Neurodiversities include Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, some forms of autism and a range of other conditions – follow the link for more info…)
- Women and alcohol. Many women would love to have more control over their relationships with alcohol. If this is you challenge your relationship with alcohol and transform your mental clarity, physical and emotional health and overall wellbeing.
- Managing personal change. Whether it’s our health, our relationships or our careers, sometimes we choose change, sometimes it happens to us whether we want or it or not. Either way, coaching can enable you to be able to see the wood instead of the trees, manage change and thrive through it
- Business and career success. Whether you work for yourself or someone else. What do you want to achieve? Do you know where you want to be in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years? Coaching can enable you to be clear about what you want and how to achieve it.
- Confidence building, including recognising and tackling Imposter Syndrome – (see link).
My fees are £65 per hour, or £75 per hour and a half session. I highly recommend a longer session at least for your initial appointment. You can pay by bank transfer in advance or cash in the session.
I also run a 6-week alcohol programme, which I’ll be posting more details about soon. This can be run as a face to face sessions if you are local, or video calls if you are not. The programme fee is £395 as a single payment or two instalments of £200.