Hi, I’m Sue
I have a passion for supporting women to achieve the breakthrough or change of direction they want and need in their personal, business or professional lives.
I qualified as a coach in 2015 after a rewarding and varied career both in the public sector and as an independent consultant. I loved being part of positive changes in places and services that enabled people and communities to overcome barriers and fulfill their aspirations and potential. I worked in and with children’s services for 16 years, an environment where working in partnership, recognizing and developing people’s strengths and skills and using a coaching and mentoring style to support people in their thinking, planning, and actions was a natural and effective way to work.
I am hugely passionate about my work as a coach and mentor. I undertake regular supervision and continuing professional development to make sure my practice is the best it can be and I continue to grow and develop so that I provide the best service I can to those I work with. I am a member of three coaching networks and communities:
- Optimising Coaching
- The 3 Shires Coaching Group
- The Bird Table
I am also an active member of a well-established peer support group for people (mostly women) who have successfully addressed a problematic relationship with alcohol and have been a nondrinker for over six years.
My practice – what can you expect from working with me?
I run Sue Sanford Coaching for Life from my office at home in North Derbyshire. I offer individual, group and team coaching and mentoring with the option to see clients at home, in their workspace or other suitable premises with easy access to the M1 at Junctions 29 or 30. I also offer coaching and mentoring via Skype or telephone. I am bound by the Global Code of Ethics of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and hold appropriate professional insurance.
- Believe in you and your abilities to find your own solutions fully and unconditionally
- Listen to you with deep attention
- Provide a safe environment in which to think, grow and stretch
- Challenge you appropriately
- Introduce you to ideas and approaches to support you in achieving your goals
- Show up for you
- Expect you to show up for yourself
- Set a clear contract with you for how we will work together
- Feed you cake, platitudes or answers
- Give up on you, even if you feel like giving up on yourself
- Pretend everything can be solved with positive thinking and yoga
- Pretend to know what I don’t know
If this sounds like the type of coaching you’d love then let’s talk. You can call me, email me or fill in the contact form and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. I’d love to hear from you!